At Casey Cardinia Psychology, our team members are all registered, so you can claim a Medicare rebate for your psychology and counselling sessions. To claim these rebates, you must have a referral, in the form of a Mental Health Care Plan, from a GP, psychiatrist or paediatrician. If you are eligible, you can receive 10 individual counselling sessions in a calendar year. Medicare-funded sessions require a co-contribution from clients.
Accessing counselling and psychology through Medicare will enable you to access the support you need, that is best tailored for you.
Through the Medicare funded sessions, our team psychologists can help you to:
- Identify and work towards new goals.
- Find relief from negative feelings.
- Feel more independent.
- Reduce the impact of anxiety and depression in your life.
- Find new tools and techniques for coping with challenges.
- Manage mental health problems by creating a plan, offering support and treatment with a skilled psychologist.
- Improve your social skills to develop and enhance your relationships.
Our focused psychological strategies include:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapies
- Exposure Techniques
- Activity Scheduling
- Problem Solving
- Anger Management
- Social Skills
- Communication Skills
- Stress Management
- Relaxation Strategies
- Non-Directive Pregnancy Counselling